Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Week 7

The instructors should go all the way to the most recent technology being used by their students because it is the most relevant and applicable thing to use. It would not benefit anyone to use out dated technology.l I feel that online chats and instant messaging are useful because so many students have web enhanced classrooms and more and more students are using computers as a form of communication as well. Using these features is just a way of keeping up with the times. I feel that it is up to the user, if a student really wants to learn then they will, if they want to get on and do other things then they will most defiantly do that as well. I feel the only benefit to text based communication is that you have it for your records. You can go back and look over what they sent, compared to face to face where most of the words are lost or forgotten. I feel that using podcast is rather boring that is where I draw the line on communication, I feel that as a student I get more out of a lesson if my teacher is physically there. I feel that video games can enhance learning, in history, reading, you name it it is a game out there for you. Children learn through playing so why would it be different for adults? I do agree with the article and I would let them play video games everyday because it is more engaging than watching TV. I would prefer them to play games over watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment